Wonders of Turkey (Winter 2020 2021)
Wonders Of Turkey – Winter 2020 2021
Gifted with natural and ancient wonders, discover Turkey’s finest gems including Göreme, the white terraces of Pamukkale and Ephesus, dating back to the 10th century B.C.
- Pamukkale: Head to a local organic farm where you will be treated to a Farm-to-Table lunch made with the fresh local produce.
- Cappadocia: After dinner, enjoy a spectacular Sema performance of Whirling Dervishes at a 13th century Seljuk Caravanserai.
- Istanbul: Toast the culmination of your travels with a lively Celebration Dinner at a local restaurant.
- Dining Summary: 10 Breakfasts (B), 6 Dinners (D) and 3 Dinners with Wine (DW) all with tea or coffee. Highlight Festive Dinner: 31 Dec New Year’s Eve in Ankara.
- Cappadocia: A Cappadocian local who has lived in the city for decades, invites you into their cave house. Take the opportunity to learn more about their life.
Top Rated Highlights
- Gallipoli: Pay your respects at Anzac Cove and Lone Pine Cemetery.
- Dardanelles: Enjoy a short voyage between continents from Europe to Asia.
- Troy: Visit this ancient sight fabled to have been destroyed over love and view the huge reconstructed Trojan Horse.
- Pergamon: Led by your Local Expert, visit Asklepion, one of the most famous shrines and therapeutic centres of the ancient world.
- Izmir: Explore this city with your Travel Director.
- Selçuk: Visit the Archaeological museum housing many of the artefacts from Ephesus.
- Ephesus: Discover one of the world’s finest ancient sites. Led by your Local Expert, walk the Arcadian Way, see the Library of Celsus and Amphitheatre and visit the House of the Virgin Mary.
- Pamukkale: See the cascading Cotton Castle of milky white travertine pools and the ancient ruin of Hierapolis.
- Konya: Accompanied by your Local Expert, visit the beautiful Mevlana Tekke museum for an insight into the mystic Whirling Dervishes. See the Karatay Medrese and Ince Minaret.
- Anatolia: Visit a well preserved Seljuk Caravanserai.
- Cappadocia: Visit a Turkish Carpet centre.
- Göreme: With your Local Expert, explore the underground cities, rock-cut churches, fairy-tale chimneys and the Pasabag Valley.
- Avanos: Learn about pottery making.
- Ankara: Discover the mysterious Hittite civilisation and visit the Mausoleum of Atatürk.
- Istanbul: Visit the Blue Mosque and explore Hagia Sophia. With your Local Expert, gain an insight into the lives of the Ottoman Sultans during a private tour of the fabulous Topkapi Palace. Later, enjoy a relaxing cruise past Ottoman palaces, old mansions and fortresses. Visit the Hippodrome, see the Bosphorous and the Golden Horn. Then you are given a complete guide on how to haggle in the Grand Bazaar.
- Scenic Drives: Enjoy the passing scenery as you travel past the Sea of Marmara, Peninusula of Gelibolu, Maeander River Valley and Urgup.
Included Insight Services
- Our highly-skilled Travel Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend overseas.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight’s luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat coach with onboard washroom. Alternate vehicles without onboard washroom or 40 seats may be used on occasion.
- On departures with 8 or more guests, personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert’s fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included – you’ll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. We also include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Travel Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish, which is a local specialty representing the destination.
- Complimentary transfers from/to Istanbul Airport are available on arrival and departure days, or with additional accommodation booked through Insight Vacations.
Welcome to Istanbul.
Gallipoli and Anzac Cove.
Troy, Pergamon and Izmir.
Ancient Ephesus and Kusadasi.
The Pools of Pamukkale.
Konya, the Whirling Dervishes and Cappadocia.
The Underground Cities of Cappadocia Experience.
Istanbul & the Ottoman Empire.